A contractor asked is there a course on how to become an unlicensed contractor. Currently I don't have one but I thought it might be interesting to explore.
We do have a business course for remodelers and home improvement contractors who are licensed but we will discuss that another day.
What about the guy/gal with no license who wants to start a construction business? Where do they go to school?
I was thinking...What should we use for a course title?.....What topics should we teach?
Gus and Gals, Readers, I think I need your help...here are some topics that come to mind.. please add topics that you think I missed....we want to make sure that unlicensed contractors get a complete education...
COURSE TITLE; HOW TO START A REMODELING OR HOME IMPROVEMENT CONSTRUCTION COMPANY WITHOUT A LICENSE
- How to convince homeowners to hire you and pay you cash?
- How to win work from homeowners without workers compensation and general liability insurance.
- Learn how to do home improvement or remodeling work without a permit.
- How to start a construction business without a license.
- Learn how to avoid paying taxes doing remodeling and home improvement work for homeowners.
- Learn how to attract and employ carpenters and tradespeople without paying payroll taxes, workers compensation and general liability.
- Learn how to use phrases like "fully insured" to convince homeowners you are when you are not.
- Learn how to never be responsible for a fixed price; use cost plus or time and materials.
- How to avoid the costs of EPA, RRP, OSHA and other regulations while doing home improvement and remodeling work.
- How to convince the homeowner to get the building permit on their job.
- Learn how to do remodeling work without ever being seen by regulators: no signage techniques that keep you hidden.
- Learn how to look legal without being legal.
- Learn how to use low ball non-committal pricing techniques to get the contract and set up profitable change orders.
- How to convince homeowners they are getting ripped off when they hire legal contractors or get a building permit....
- How to find undocumented workers to work for you for cash.
- Learn how to convince a homeowner to hire you without writing a contract.
- How to win projects with a one page vague proposal/contract form.
This is all I could come up with guys and gals.
Any ideas? What topics am I missing?